For more on the journal’s Aims and Scope.
For more on online submission
and publishing process
- Volume 27, December 2021.
- Volume 26, September 2021.Recent developments in urban heritage valuation: Concepts, methods and policy application;
Edited by Patrizia Riganti, David Throsby
- Volume 25, June 2021.
- Volume 24, March 2021.
- Volume 23, December 2020.
- Volume 22, September 2020.
- Volume 21, June 2020.Special section Special section on Remapping the Arts, Heritage and Cultural Production: Between Policies and Practices in East and Southeast Asian Cities;
Guest Edited by Creighton Connolly, Minna Valjakka and Desmond Hock-Man Sham.
- Volume 20, March 2020.Special section on Subcultures in Worlding Asian Cities: Strategies, Prospects, Outcomes;
Guest edited by June Wang, T.C. Chang, Justin O’Connor
- Volume 19, December 2019.Special section on Subcultures in Worlding Asian Cities: Strategies, Prospects, Outcomes;
Guest edited by June Wang, T.C. Chang, Justin O’Connor
- Volume 18, September 2019.
- Volume 17, Pages 1-68 (June 2019)
- Volume 16, Pages 1-60 (March 2019)Special Issue: City Food Governance
Guest Editors: Mark Deakin, Nunzia Borrelli and Davide Diamantini
- Volume 15, Pages 1-60 (December 2018)
- Volume 14, Pages 1-64 (September 2018)
- Volume 13, Pages 1-72 (June 2018)
- Volume 12, Pages 1-62 (March 2018)Special Issue: Innovation and identity in next generation smart cities
Guest Editors: Hoon Han, Scott Hawken
- Volume 11, Pages 1-50 (December 2017)Special Issue: Valletta2018 Cultural Mapping: Debating space and place
Guest Editors: Pier Luigi Sacco (IULM University, Via Carlo Bo, 1, 20143, Milan, Italy; Harvard University, Boylston Hall / Meta LAB (at) Harvard, 42 Kirkland St, Cambridge, MA, 02138, USA) and Graziella Vella (Valletta 2018 Foundation, The Exchange Buildings, Republic Street, Valletta, VLT, 1117, Malta)
- Volume 10, Pages 1-52 (September 2017)
- Volume 9, Pages 1-54 (June 2017)
- Volume 8, Pages 1-150 (March 2017)Special Issue: Against the creative city? Activism in the creative city: When cultural workers fight against creative city policy
Guest Editors: Marianna d’Ovidio (Università degli Studi di Bari Aldo Moro, Italy ) and Arturo Rodríguez Morató (Department of Sociology, University of Barcelona, Spain)
- Volume 7, Issue 4, Pages 197-282 (December 2016)Special issue: “Mind the Gap”: Thinking about in-between spaces in Delhi and Shanghai
Guest Editors: Christiane Brosius (Cluster of Excellence “Asia and Europe in a Global Context”, University of Heidelberg/CEMIS Göttingen University, Germany) and Tina Schilbach (CETREN, Göttingen University, Germany )
- Volume 7, Issue 3, Pages 123-196
- Volume 7, Issue 2, Pages 63-122Special Issue: Culture, Sustainable Development and Social Quality
Guest Editors: Enrico E. Bertacchini (Department of Economics and Statistics “Cognetti de Martiis”, University of Torino, Italy) and Giovanna Segre (Department of Design & Planning in Complex Environments, IUAV University of Venice, Italy)
- Volume 7, Issue 1, Pages 1-62Special Issue: Mapping Culture: Making the Intangible Visible
Guest Editors: Nancy Duxbury (Centre for Social Studies, University of Coimbra) and Alys Longley (National Institute of Creative Arts and Industries, University of Auckland)
- Volume 6, Issue 4, Pages 93-144
- Volume 6, Issue 3, Pages 47-92
- Volume 6, Issue 2, Pages 1-46
- CCS Editorial
- Volume 5, Issue 4, Pages 1-44
- Volume 5, Issue 3, Pages 111-170Special Issue: Making creative spaces: China and Australia
Guest Editors: Justin O’Connor and Xin Gu, Media and Communications, School of Media, Film and Journalism, Monash University.
- Volume 5, Issue 2, Pages 51-110Special Issue: Creative industries & creative policies: A European perspective?
Guest Editors: Roberta Comunian (Department of Culture, Media and Creative Industries, King’s College London, UK), Caroline Chapain (Birmingham Business School, University of Birmingham, UK) and Nick Clifton (Cardiff School of Management, Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK)
- Volume 5, Issue 1, Pages 1-50
- Volume 4, Issue 4, Pages 195-256
- Volume 4, Issue 3, Pages 121-194Special Issue: The Sustainable City and the Arts
Guest Editors: Volker Kirchberg and Sacha Kagan, Leuphana University Lueneburg, Institute of Sociology and Cultural Organization (ISCO)
- Volume 4, Issue 2, Pages 57-120
- Volume 4, Issue 1, Pages 1-56
- Volume 3, Issue 4, Pages 229-328Special Issue: The societal function of Cultural Heritage
Guest Editor: Luciana Lazzeretti, University of Florence
- Volume 3, Issue 3, Pages 165-228
- Volume 3, Issue 2, Pages 87-164
- Volume 3, Issue 1, Pages 1-86
- Volume 2, Issue 4, Pages 177-254
- Volume 2, Issue 3, Pages 121-176Special Issue: The Creative Power of Cities
- Volume 2, Issue 2, Pages 55-120
- Volume 2, Issue 1, Pages 1-54Special Issue: Cultural policies and creative cities: Some insights
Guest Editor: François Colbert (HEC Montréal)
- Volume 1, Issue 4, Pages 175-234Special Issue: Advancing the Creative Economy Approach for Urban Studies
Guest Editors: Kevin Stolarick, Brian J. Hracs, and Richard Florida(University of Toronto)
- Volume 1, Issue 3, Pages 109-174Special Issue: Housing poverty, homelessness, and the transformation of urban governance in East Asian cities
Guest Editor: Toshio Mizuuchi (Urban Research Plaza, Osaka City University)
- Volume 1, Issue 2, Pages 45-108Special Issue: The London Plan 2000-2010: A Decade of Transformation
Guest Editor: Robert Tavernor (London School of Economics)
- Volume 1, Issue 1, Pages 1-44Guest Editor: Masayuki Sasaki (Urban Research Plaza, Osaka City University)
CitiesSupplement “City, Culture, Social Inclusion” is published.
- Volume 27, Supplement 1, Pages S1-S54 (June 2010)Guest Editor: Masayuki Sasaki (Urban Research Plaza, Osaka City University)